Put-away is the movement of goods from the inbound stage to the most optimal warehouse storage location.
- The process commences when operators accept the put-away task from Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Operator to scan the relevant bar code of goods to be put away. If there is no bar code, then a manual entry can confirm that the goods have been identified.
- At this point the system will be directing the put-away staff to deliver goods to the optimal storage location.
- Once at the location, the operator will either scan the relevant stock location bar code, or manually confirm that the correct location has been found.
- Operator to place the goods into the location before confirming that the put-away process is complete.
Put away basis storage structure
- Put away in racks – Put away is done in reserve racking location using reach truck
- Put away on ground – put away is done in block stack location using counterbalance truck
- Put away shelves – put away for small and slow movers is done in shelving location.